What's New in Release 56
- Assembly and gene set data updated
- Hydra vulgaris -- (Swiftwater hydra, GCA_000004095.1) assembly updated to new assembly GCA_022113875.1
- Metaseiulus occidentalis (Western predatory mite, GCA_000255335.1) assembly updated to GCA_000255335.2 and renamed to Galendromus occidentalis, swappig names with the current synonym (though, Metaseiulus occidentalis kept as a synonym)
- Daphnia pulex (Common water flea, GCA_021134715.1) (N.B The older assembly (GCA_000187875.1) to be removed in Release 57)
- Lepeophtheirus salmonis (Salmon louse, GCA_016086655.3) (N.B The older assembly (LSalAtl2s) to be removed in Release 57)
- Updated gene sets
- New species
- Acromyrmex echinatior (Panamanian leaf-cutter ant, GCA_000204515.1)
- Apis dorsata (Giant honeybee, GCA_000469605.1)
- Apis florea (Dwarf honeybee, GCA_000184785.2)
- Bombyx mandarina (Wild silkworm, GCA_003987935.1)
- Camponotus floridanus (Florida carpenter ant, GCA_003227725.1)
- Dufourea novaeangliae (Bee, GCA_001272555.1)
- Echinococcus granulosus (Dog tapeworm, GCA_000524195.1)
- Eufriesea mexicana (Bee, GCA_001483705.1)
- Habropoda laboriosa (Southeastern blueberry bee, GCA_001263275.1)
- Haliotis rubra (Blacklip abalone, GCA_003918875.1)
- Haliotis rufescens (Red abalone, GCA_023055435.1)
- Harpegnathos saltator (Indian jumping ant, GCA_003227715.2)
- Linepithema humile (Argentine ant, GCA_000217595.1)
- Megachile rotundata (Alfalfa leafcutting bee, GCA_000220905.1)
- Penaeus chinensis (Fleshy prawn, GCA_019202785.2)
- Pogonomyrmex barbatus (Red harvester ant, GCA_000187915.1)
- Pomphorhynchus laevis (Thorny-headed worm, GCA_012934845.2)
- Schistosoma haematobium (Urinary blood fluke, GCA_000699445.2)
- Stegodyphus dumicola (Social spider, GCA_010614865.2)
- Updated BioMarts for all gene and variation data
- Updated pan-taxonomic gene trees and homologies
- Planned updates
- Acyrthosiphonon pisum -- The assembly version update in Release 57 (GCA_005508785.1 -> GCA_005508785.2)
- Amphimedon queenslandica -- The assembly version update in Release 57 (GCA_000090795.1 --> GCA_000090795.2)
- Daphnia pulex -- The older GCA_000187875.1 assembly to be removed from Release 57
- Hydra vulgaris -- (GCA_000004095.1) assembly to be removed from Release 57
- Lingula anatina -- The assembly version update in Release 57 (GCA_001039355.1 -> GCA_001039355.2)
- Lepeophtheirus salmonis -- The older LSalAtl2s assembly to be removed from Release 57
- Metaseiulus occidentalis -- The older GCA_000255335.1 assembly to be removed from Release 57
- Phlebotomus perniciosus -- The assembly version update in Release 57 (GCA_918844115.1 -> GCA_918844115.2)
Ensembl Rapid Release
New assemblies with gene and protein annotation every two weeks.
Note: species that already exist on this site will continue to be updated with the full range of annotations.
The Ensembl Rapid Release website provides annotation for recently produced, publicly available vertebrate and non-vertebrate genomes from biodiversity initiatives such as Darwin Tree of Life, the Vertebrate Genomes Project and the Earth BioGenome Project.
Rapid Release news on our blog
Archive of release 52 of EnsemblMetazoa: eg52-metazoa.ensembl.org (Dec 2021)
Archive of release 49 of EnsemblMetazoa: eg49-metazoa.ensembl.org (Dec 2020)
Archive of release 45 of EnsemblMetazoa: eg45-metazoa.ensembl.org (Sep 2019)
Archive of release 40 of EnsemblMetazoa: eg40-metazoa.ensembl.org (July 2018)
Archive of release 37 of EnsemblMetazoa: eg37-metazoa.ensembl.org (Oct 2017)
Ensembl Metazoa receives funding from Infravec2, to serve as a data delivery mechanism for that project. Infravec2 is an international and interdisciplinary research project on insect vectors of human and animal disease, including mosquitoes, sandflies and other flies. This project has received funding from the European Unions Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 731060.
The biting midge genome resequencing and annotation is funding by a grant from the Bioinformatics and Biological Resources Fund of the United Kingdom Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (grant number BB/M028372/1) to The Pirbright Institute and the European Bioinformatics Institute.
The Branchiostoma lanceolatum (amphioxus) genome is provided by Corbel, an initiative of thirteen biological and medical research infrastructures creating a platform for harmonised access to biological and medical samples, technologies and data services. This project receives funding from the European Unions Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 654248.
Ensembl Genomes is developed by EMBL-EBI and is powered by the Ensembl software system for the analysis and visualisation of genomic data. For details of our funding please click here.