For easy access to commonly used genomes, drag from the bottom list to the top one
Other available species
What's New in Release 49
- Apis mellifera ("European honey bee", DH4 strain)
- Nasonia vitripennis ("Jewel wasp", AsymCx strain)
- Solenopsis invicta ("Fire ant")
- Strongylocentrotus purpuratus ("Purple sea urchin", Spur 01 isolate)
- Updated BioMarts for all gene and variation data
- Updated pan-taxonomic gene trees and homologies
- New species loaded
- Clytia hemisphaerica (Z4C2 strain)
- Varroa destructor ("Varroa mite")
Archive of release 45 of EnsemblMetazoa: eg45-metazoa.ensembl.org (Sep 2019)
Archive of release 40 of EnsemblMetazoa: eg40-metazoa.ensembl.org (July 2018)
Archive of release 37 of EnsemblMetazoa: eg37-metazoa.ensembl.org (Oct 2017)
Ensembl Metazoa receives funding from Infravec2, to serve as a data delivery mechanism for that project. Infravec2 is an international and interdisciplinary research project on insect vectors of human and animal disease, including mosquitoes, sandflies and other flies. This project has received funding from the European Unions Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 731060.
The biting midge genome resequencing and annotation is funding by a grant from the Bioinformatics and Biological Resources Fund of the United Kingdom Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (grant number BB/M028372/1) to The Pirbright Institute and the European Bioinformatics Institute.
The Branchiostoma lanceolatum (amphioxus) genome is provided by Corbel, an initiative of thirteen biological and medical research infrastructures creating a platform for harmonised access to biological and medical samples, technologies and data services. This project receives funding from the European Unions Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 654248.